Final exam change requests
Submit spring 2020 Final Exam Change Requests by February 14, 2020. Read more about change requests below.
Notification of room assignments for all forms received by February 14, 2020, will be sent to departments on or before April 1, 2020.
Final exam regulations
Exams (except common exams) are given in the regularly scheduled classroom unless instructors arrange and announce a different room.
If students have exam conflicts or three (or more) final exams within one calendar day, they may request adjustment with their college office and instructors. Such a request must be presented at least two weeks before the exam period begins. To make up the exam, students must obtain the instructor's permission.
There shall be no variations from the University final exam schedule except by concurrence of the dean of the college and the director of scheduling. This prohibition also precludes moving a final exam from a scheduled time to study day or to the last or earlier meetings of the class, except laboratory final exams which cannot be held in accordance with the regular final exam schedule.
Final exam change requests
To request a change to final exam hours, departments must submit Final Exam Change Request form. Doing so will allow OCM to publish the change and ensure orderly consideration of hardships. Additional common exams may be requested on the form, including room requests. Please be aware of the following:
- Instructors who request any variation from the official final exam schedule must agree to give a special make-up exam to any students who (1) have overlapping final exam conflicts, or (2) have three (or more) exams in one calendar day.
- Arranged exams and authorized variations in published hours shall conform with the hour-periods shown in the exam schedules.
- Each college shall assume responsibility for making arrangements to spread out exams for students who have three (or more) exams scheduled in one calendar day.
- Three hour exams will be scheduled on the half-day that the corresponding two-hour exams would have been given. Exams are scheduled from 8:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. or from 1:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. Submit a Final Exam Change Request to schedule a 3-hour exam if the course is not listed below. The following courses have been approved for a three-hour final exam:
- AEM 2011, 2012, 2021, 3031
- Math 1001, 1031, 1051, 1142, 1151, 1155, 1271, 1272, 1371, 1372, 1571H, 2243, 2263, 2373, 2573H, 2374, Math 3592H, 3593H
- Physics: all courses
- PubH 3001, 3003, 3004
- Request alternate seating only when it is necessary for proper administration of the exam. Requests for rooms with alternate seating must be submitted by the department office via a Final Exam Change Request.
University Senate policy decrees that no extracurricular events which require the participation of students may be scheduled from the beginning of study day to the end of finals week. Exceptions to this policy may be granted by the Senate Committee on Educational Policy. The Senate advises all faculty members that students who are unable to complete course requirements during finals week shall be provided an alternative and timely opportunity to do so.